Checklist for the Manatee Snorkel
- Reservations are required.
- Write down your manatee tour time as this is the time to be at our center. The manatee snorkel and dive combo trip starts at the shop at 7:00am. There are other manatee snorkel trips at other times thru out the day but only one time frame for the combo.
- Get directions.
- If you do not own your own mask, snorkel, fin and wetsuit try our Mares line of rental gear.
- Yes, you will need a wetsuit even during the hot months- all year.
- Wear your swim suit under your clothing to be more efficient at arrival.
- Have a towel and dry clothes to change into after the dives.
- Wear warm clothes on cool mornings like sweats and jackets.
- The boat may get wet so protect your electronics with a dry bag. Remember any items on the deck of the boat will get wet when everyone returns from the water. See your captain for the dry areas of the boat.
- No need for sea sickness medicines as this is a smooth slow ride in the springs.
- Snorkelers and Divers must provide their own transportation. The private marina where the boat is launched offers a large parking lot and convenient store on site. This location charges $5 per vehicle but you don't have to circle the parking lot multiple times to find a space. The monies are to be paid at their store, see staff for direction at the docks.
- Usually the boat ride is short to find the manatee so meals are not provided.
- We have hot chocolate on the cold mornings for the boat ride back.
- If your a diver also see the diver checklist.
- Be prepared to sign a Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement.
- Smile, Snorkeling is Fun.
Note for the Divers.
- Divers have your Open Water Diver Certification (C-Card) or higher from a qualifying Scuba training organization.
- The rental gear is separate from the cost of the tour. If you do not own your own or traveling light rent right here. In our rental line choose 80cu or 63cu size tanks for your scuba dive convenience.
- This dive is a cavern dive and each diver uses a light. We have dive lights for rent.
- A dive watch or bottom timer is important to have.
- Have your log book to record and stamp this dive.
- Keep smiling Snorkel and SCUBA Diving is Fun.